Thursday 19 August 2010

Raspberry and Almond Flaugnarde


A clafoutis is a dessert made from cherries baked in a flan like batter. It originates from the Limousin region of France. When other fruits are substituted the dish is traditionally called a flaugnarde. In Brittany the Far Breton is a similar dessert that contains prunes and sometimes rum.
I used raspberries as I have them from the garden. Vanilla is often used but I had run out so used almond essence instead.
250g raspberries
55g plain flour
55g sugar
3 large eggs
I tsp almond essence
1-2 handfuls flaked almonds
350 ml milk
butter
Butter a baking dish then add the raspberries to the dish.
Mix the flour and sugar then beat in the eggs. Add the milk and almond essence, beat till smooth then pour this layer over the raspberries. Sprinkle the flaked almonds on top.
Bake at 180c or gas 4
Sorry there is no photo this time. I cooked it for some friends who came for a meal at the week end. To see what it looks like click on the link at the top for clafoutis.

4 comments:

antigoni said...

I should try it but I'll try to keep away from desserts right now...:(
It must be delicious!!!!!

Nicole said...

Oh - it sounds so good. Do we also get a picture of the finished product?

Lucie Tales said...

Yummy!!! I've never tasted that cake with raspberries :) it must be delicious!

Colours and Textures said...

This is a low fat version as I used milk instead fo cream and I forgot to butter the dish!